NEMO Dagger OSMO Review: Non Toxic Tent Without Flame Retardants
NEMO Dagger OSMO Review
The 2-person NEMO Dagger OSMO tent is lightweight, spacious, made with recycled fabric and is free of PFCs, PFASs, and fire-retardant chemicals.
The tent elevates the camping experience while minimizing the environmental impact.
Nemo tents have received a number of design and innovation awards over the past years, including “Best Inventions of the Year” by Time, Popular Science, and Men’s Journal.
NEMO Dagger OSMO Features:
- Capacity: 2-person or 3-person
- Seasons: 3
- Doors / Vestibules: 2
- Lightweight: minimum trail weight of only four pounds and two ounces.
Dagger OSMO Livable, Spacious Comfort:
The Dagger OSMO offers above-average floor area and peak height, as well as additional features like spacious twin storage vestibules. The interior is roomy, with plenty of space for two people to sleep without touching.
- Dimensions: Interior 7.5 x 5.8 feet (90 x 70 inches), with a bathtub style floor design to prevent water leakages.
- Peak height: 3.5 feet (42 inches)
- Storage: An impressive 11.4 square feet of storage space, with a storage tub in the vestibule protects gear from the elements.
- Setup: Easy assembly using color-coded poles
- Storage: Internal pockets for personal items
- Strut vents at the top of both vestibules protected by reservoirs
Dagger OSMO Innovative Fabric Technology:
One of the Dagger OSMO’s most unique features is its super durable, waterproof tent fabric made from 100% recycled polyester and nylon.
- OSMO fabric offers three times less stretch when wet, decreasing sag and preserving wind and rain resistance in all conditions.
- Most tents are made with either polyester OR ripstop nylon, and then coated in polyurethane for waterproofing and toxic flame retardants.
- OSMO fabric is made from a combination of polyester AND nylon (both made from 100% recycled yarns), to give the tent extra strength and water protection.
- The result is a fabric that is exceptionally strong, waterproof, highly resistant to stretching and sagging, and quick-drying. It holds up exceptionally well in rainy weather without water leakages and tent sagging.
Dagger OSMO Non-Toxic, Chemical-Free Materials:
The Dagger OSMO fabric is made without PFC- and PFAS chemicals and toxic flame retardants.
- The recycled materials used to make the fabric are naturally water resistant and the tent satisfies flammability criteria without the use of hazardous chemicals.