Qaou Adventure V4
The Qaou Adventure V4 tent is a modular, ultralight weight tent system designed for 2 people. It’s a great tent for lightweight backpacking, car camping and quick weekend trips. It offers a number of different setup options to maximize space and comfort.
There are 6 different ways to set up the Qaou Adventure V4 tent, depending on your needs. The tent can be set up as a tent, a covered hammock, two individual hammocks or tarp shelter, with each design comfortably fitting 2 people.
- The tent best used for backpacking because of its minimum trail weight of only 4 lbs. 14 oz.
- The floor dimensions are 82.6 x 49.2 inches and the peak height is 43 inches.
- The tent has two side doors and two vestibules that make it easy to get in and out and give each person their own space to store things.
- The rectangular floor plans maximizes space and enables shoulder-to-shoulder or head-to-toe sleeping.
- The fabric is designed for all-weather protection, with 2,000 mm waterproof coating on 70-denier ripstop nylon for the roof and fly/hammock.
- There is 4,000 mm waterproof coating on the 210T polyester floor fabric.
- The tent is sustainably made from durable, water-resistant recycled polyester from recycled plastic.
In terms of travel, the Qaou is easy to carry and can be separated into two separate packs.
- Setup is easy and quick, with color coded geodesic aluminum poles and pole clips.
- There are a few tips and suggestions to remember when considering the Qaou Adventure Tent.
- Tip 1: The tent does not include a footprint.
- Tip 2: It’s better to get a universal MSR ground sheet instead of the polyester tarp ground sheet that’s sold with the Qaou.
- Tip 3: There is only one zipper on the “fly” part of the tent doors, so there’s no way to ventilate the tent from the top.
- Tip 4: There is plenty of mesh for ventilation, but the green fly sits close to the body and needs extra stakes to add separation. Extra stakes are included.
- Tip 5: There are not many guyline points, so the tent is not the best for windy locations.