North Face Wawona 6 Non Toxic Tent Without Flame Retardants
The North Face Wawona 6 Tent: An Honest Review
The North Face Wawona 6 Tent is designed for comfortable family camping. It’s a 3-season tent with sleeping capacity up to 6 people, a large vestibule and enough headroom to stand upright. Other perks include double-wall construction and re-engineered DAC poles for superior performance. It’s also made without flame-retardant coatings, so it’s a more eco-friendly and less toxic.
- The North Face Wawona 6 Tent is a great choice for campers looking for comfort and durability with its roomy floor plan, double wall construction, and re-engineered pole design.
- It features a 10 by 8 ft sleeping area, 44 sq. ft. vestibule and more than 6 ft of headroom.
- This non toxic tent is made without harmful fire retardants.
- Customers give the tent high praise for its waterproof fabrics, superior weather resistance and easy setup.
Is the North Face Wawona tent waterproof?
Yes, the Wawona is made with a waterproof nylon shell.
North Face Wawona 6 Specifications
|Sleeping Capacity||6 people|
|Packaged Weight||20 lbs. 15 oz.|
|Floor Dimensions||10 x 8 feet (304.8 x 243.84 cm)|
|Vestibule Area||44.7 square feet|
|Peak Height||6.33 feet (193.04 cm)|
|Canopy / Rainfly||75-denier polyester with 1,200 mm polyurethane coating|
|Floor||150-denier polyester with 1,200 mm polyurethane coating|
|Number of Doors||2|
|Pole Design||Re-engineered poles|
|Pole Material||DAC MX|
|Sustainability||Made without flame-retardant coatings|
North Face Wawona 6 Features
- The North Face Wawona 6 Tent features innovative double-wall construction with two separated layers, which provides better weather resistance, insulation and durability compared to single wall designs.
- The tent’s rainfly has adjustable ceiling vents for improved air circulation.
Space and Comfort
The North Face Wawona 6 Tent is made for families and groups who value a roomy, comfortable space when camping.
- The living space provides peak height of more than 6 feet and floor dimensions of 10 by 8 feet, allowing for comfortable standing and sitting, even with extra furniture like sleeping pads and cots thrown in.
- If you need more room, there’s a large 44.7 square feet vestibule for storing gear or just hanging out.
DAC MX Poles
The Refreshed Wawona 6 Tent features an improved pole design compared to its predecessor.
- The tent is equipped with upgraded and stronger DAC MX pole set, which has a slightly larger diameter than that in the previous version, but is still lightweight and aerodynamic.
- DAC poles have a reinforced, engineered design to boosts stability and internal strength against strong wind and rain storms, while also increasing overall interior space.
The North Face Wawona 6 Tent is purpose built for tackling extreme weather conditions.
- Constructed with a 75-denier polyester canopy and rainfly, 15-denier polyester floor and 1,200 mm waterproof rating, the Wawona is equipped to keep you protected in rain and snow.
- The addition of external guylines ensure extra stability even when the heavy winds pick up.
The North Face Wawona 6 Tent takes the stress out of tent setup with its improved, color coded pole system optimized so that one person can set this tent up. This is key when you’re camping with family or children, or don’t have the benefit of a 2nd adult to help. The setup process is simplified, even for beginner campers who don’t have much experience pitching large tents.
When it comes to performance, the North Face Wawona 6 tent stands strong against its competitors. Here is a detailed comparison in terms of durability, weather resistance, ease of set up, and overall performance.
|Criteria||North Face Wawona 6 Tent||Similar Tents|
|Ease of Set Up|
Customer Reviews and Ratings
Campers and gear heads love the North Face Wawona 6 tent – from REI to Outdoor Gear Lab to Reddit users love this tent for its durability, spaciousness, and weather resistance. That’s not to say the Wawona 6 is perfect, some people have pointed out issues in the setup process and pole design.
The North Face Wawona 6 Tent is a great choice for campers looking for comfort, durability, and family-friendly features. Its double wall construction and re-engineered pole design make assembly easy, while the large mesh front door provides superior ventilation to keep you comfortable in hotter climates.
The spacious interior of this tent offers enough sleeping space and headroom for up to six people plus gear with plenty of floor space and vestibule space available too. Furthermore, its waterproof fabric helps protect against inclement weather conditions.
All these features together make it one of the best camping tents on the market today, justifying its investment value when considering all that it has to offer.